Originally posted by Maximus:
interesting feedback maybe get Grav whilst it is cheap and wait for PE?
You read my mind! I was just typing up this when I saw your post...
What I have managed to glean from those forum posts so far:
- Grav is more action orientated and faster paced.
- Planet Explorers has a more in-depth and highly customisable crafting mechanic.
- They liken Grav to Rust (survival sandbox style) and Planet Explorers to Garrys Mod/Minecraft-Sci-Fi style (pretty much what I was hoping Starforge would be).
- Planet Explorers doesn't have much to "do" as of yet, after you hit the mined-everything-and-created-everything-in-sight milestone. Grav has dungeons and levelling and lots of content.
- Grav is "younger" and apparently has some "server issues" at present.
- Planet Explorers has a big modding scene - with shareable creations.
- Grav is half the price of Planet Explorers (at present, during the sale).
- Grav has multiple "static" worlds. Planet Explorers has randomly generated, alterable terrain, like 7DTD.
So, with that in mind, how's about this: We buy Grav now while it's on sale and stick Planet Explorers on the wishlist. We can then get Planet Explorers when it's next on sale. Thoughts?
Last edited 12 Jan 2015 at 13:55.