|23 January 2015||Game Server Manager updates|
|There have been a lot of new features, improvements, enhancements and fixes to Game Server Manager since it first went up. I have been a bit negligent in posting the changes up here, so here is a full changelog from release to today is shown below:|
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Added option to detect server status via query rather than process. This should fix issues with the server crashing, but Windows keeping it "open" because of error reporting. NOTE: Ensure that the check interval is not so low that the server is not queryable within that time frame, or else you will be stuck in a constant "restart loop".
- Added an option to delay timed restarts. i.e. The server will be turned off and the program will wait X seconds before attempting to restart it. Useful for organising a timed daily update.
- Re-organised settings menu.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- Status now displays the time until the next restart if a delay is added.
- Small UI fix, with status flashing between Offline and "Restarting..." when it is checking.
- Added message box asking if the user wants to disable "auto-restart if server not running" when they click on "Stop Server" and the option is enabled.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Added several new buttons to the "tools" tab:
- Run Maintenance Program - this simply runs the program specified in "timed restart" now, with any command-line arguments specified.
- Perform Maintenance - this will perform a full cycle of maintenance straight away, in this order: backup game files, stop server, [run maintenance program / timed delay], start server.
- The program will now look for a file called "update.txt" (just its existence, the content does not matter) in it's folder. If found it will delete the file and immediately "Perform Maintenance", like the above. This is a step towards remotely getting the program to perform this action.
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Added a players online graph tab, showing the number of players on the server over a period of time in an area graph. You can set the number of items stored in its history via "Misc." tab in the settings screen.
- Program will now also look for "backup.txt" (along with previously added "update.txt") in its folder to instantly perform a backup. "start.txt" will instantly start the server. "stop.txt" will instantly stop the server and turn off "Automatically restart if server is not running (keep alive)" if it is turned on.
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- Added a new utility under the "tools" section - a GRAV command line generator. This will hopefully simplify the creation of the command line. It will also read any existing one you already have set and fill in the details automatically.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- (Hopefully) Fixed bug where date was being incorrectly read on machines with different regional settings.
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Added an import and export settings function to the "Misc" tab in settings. Useful if you want to keep an archive of settings for different games or simply want to back them up.
- Added buttons to browse to the backups folder and game data folder to the "Settings/Tools" tab.
- Added a new tab to the main screen - "Game Specific Tools" and moved the "GRAV Command Line Generator" there.
- Added some icons to the Main tab and the Settings/Tools tab for some of the buttons.
- Added an "About" tab under settings.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- Added a performance monitor field to the main tab - which includes RAM and CPU usage.
- Added a new performance tab, which shows a line graph of RAM and CPU % over time - this updates when the players graph updates and uses the same setting for "max items in graph" as the players online one.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Added several new buttons to access GRAV configuration files - namely its world data (CAGWorldEvents.ini), experience scaling (CAGPawn.ini), food and running (CAGLili.ini) and global costs (CAGGlobalCostParams.ini). You can now access them via the "Game Specific Tab".
- Small UI improvements.
|12 January 2015||Grav Server and Game Server Manager|
|The Grav server is up. No doubt some tweaking may be required - and it should be good to go straight away. You can find it in the server list as Brickage. If we have to mess around with direct connections then I will put up some information, though we should not have to.|
The server password can be found in the related (private) forum post.
I have also added the Game Server Manager to the files section. This is basically a modified version of my 7 Days to Die Server manager to make it universal and work with most game servers, as I found myself constantly changing the program to use it for another game.
|9 December 2014||Program Update|
|I have updated Steam Tracker to fix a few issues and get it inline with recent changes to the Steam HTML output. You can get the latest version from the files section now.|
|30 October 2014||Forum Search Improvements|
|I have added an additional search feature to the main forum page, that can be accessed when you are logged in. This allows you to search for a specific word or set of words in all forums. The existing search for individual forums has been left intact.|
The new search will show posts that contain the specified words and highlight them for you as well.
|9 October 2014||Project Zomboid Server|
|The server is now running a Project Zomboid server alongside the Space Engineers one. I am sure we will tweak settings in the coming weeks. As there is no password protection ability for dedicated servers yet, I have to create a "whitelist" of usernames and passwords that will be accepted on the server. I can do this by temporarily whitelisting everyone, then you join, I turn it back and finally add your login to the whitelist. It's very cumbersome at the moment, but once you are in, you are in!|
Hope to see you online soon for some zombie slaying!