|30 April 2015||Updates and new stuff|
|Just updated the Steam Tracker to coincide with recent changes to the Steam website. It should now correctly get the user last online date.|
I also added a new file, the Enhanced Controls config for Dark Messiah, which amongst other things gives you a tap-to-sprint option and a walk and crouch toggle.
|27 March 2015||Steam News RSS Widget|
|Found a great little site that allows embedding of RSS feeds in a webpage. As such I have added a Steam News one and a BBC Technology one to the main page. You can see it underneath the Picture of the Moment. If there are any other feeds people would like to see added here then please let me know and I shall see what can be done.|
|26 March 2015||New Poll|
|Finally got round to putting up a new poll today - what is your favourite (base) D&D class? Although the links are to NWN class variants, they are very similar. |
The results from the last poll - "Favourite GoT Character" were:
Tyrion Lannister: 9 votes
Arya Stark: 7 votes
Daenerys Targaryen: 3 votes
Hodor: 1 vote
Other: 1 vote
|23 March 2015||Website Updates|
|I have made some changes to the site lately - specifically for devices with small screens (mobiles and tablets), although some very slight adjustments have been made to the full-size layout. The site should now snap to 1 of 3 different layouts depending on the screen width. You can go ahead and try it now - even in a browser window, if you make it narrower you should see the styles being switched to optimise space and make things readable even at really low widths.|
You may have also noticed the Steam Users online thingy is gone. It shall not be coming back any time soon.
Note: It is very possible you will need to refresh the website to load in the new stylesheet - or else things could look weird.
|6 February 2015||Latest Game Server Manager Updates|
|Highlights (since my last post): Players Online list with graph, performance (RAM, CPU and Bandwidth graph), GRAV INI Parser which allows access to all advanced configuration settings, profile system allowing different configuration settings to be loaded, multiple program instances allowing more than one server to run at the same time (even with different settings - or a different game entirely).|
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Added a player list to the "Players Online" tab (thanks to "SuPerTeD" for the idea). This will show a list of all players on the server, along with some other information that could be helpful (not all columns show data in GRAV) such as time online, score, ping and team.
- Added the ability to alter the "query type" under settings screen - maybe useful for other games. You can keep GRAV on "Common" - it works fine with that.
- Altered layout of settings screen - too many options!
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- Added ability to output the player list in a number of different formats
- You can now adjust the players online graph vs player list size by dragging the splitter bar between them. Setting is also persisted.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- Multiple program instances. Introduced with this version is a full working "profile" system that allows you to open multiple instances of the program with different settings.
- New "Profile" system - whereby you can save/load configuration files from separate ".cfg" files. This is basically an extension of the old "import / export" system, although much more integrated. As such, the new system will save settings to a file in the "\Profiles" folder of the program. You can switch between them at any time via the "Profiles" tab in settings - and create new ones. When the progrma starts for the first time (or after this update), it will create a "Default Profile" and move all old settings into this for you.
- Added a new command-line parameter to the program - so you can open a profile (Game Server Manager.exe -profile "<filename>"). This effectively allows you to have any number of instances of the program open with different configurations without having to alter the profile each time.
- Added the "multihome" and "clouddir" options to the GRAV Command Line Generator.
- Added the ability to output the "Up Time".
- Added ability to set your GRAV command-line directly from the generator.
- Small GUI improvements.
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Added a GRAV Advanced Server Settings screen, allowing you to edit most of the known useful options so far, such as XP scaling, running speed, food consumption, backpack dropping etc. This will be improved upon when more is known - so please let me know if there is anything you want me to add!
- Now requests to Run As Administrator when program starts (preventing the need to do this manually) on machines that require elevation.
- Removed buttons for the 4 GRAV ini files that were under "Game Specific Tools" and replaced them with a "Browse to GRAV Config Folder" instead.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- Added ability to edit your multi-tool weapon settings (AKA "Pimp my Multitool") in the GRAV Advanced Server Settings screen.
- The GRAV Advanced Server Setting screen will now attempt to copy over the "Default" configuration file for any missing files. It will inform you of the success or failure to perform any of this when the screen loads.
- Added a notice to the GRAV Advanced Server Setting screen.
- Added a toggle button to the main tab to allow quick access to the "keep alive" setting (so you do not have to go to program settings to quickly enable or disable it.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Added a new graph under the "Performance" tab - to show network bandwidth. This updates along with all other graphs and uses the same "Max Items" setting as the others. It shows MBits In and MBits Out.
- Minor bugfixes with saving and loading settings for splitter bars and graph max items.
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Added options to set all placed items and structural buildings as destroyable or not in the GRAV Advanced Settings screen.
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- (As requested by Kane Heart on the GravOnline forums) Added options to export and import configuration settings in the GRAV Advanced Settings screen. This is useful for backing up your changes, since patches can undo your configuration alterations.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- Added a GRAV "INI Parser" to the Game Specific tab. This is a work in progress. It currently lists every single configuration value for GRAV in a list, complete with filename, section, value and key. I hope to improve upon this feature in the coming weeks to allow editing and "flag" certain options by giving them "friendly names" and the like. It is the first step towards ultimate configuration control in GRAV!
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- You can now freely edit every single value in all GRAV config files - all from one screen. The "GRAV Advanced Settings - INI Parser" is available from the "Game Specific" tab.
- Added a "friendly name" list file for GRAV INI Parser. It contains a list of all known configuration settings for GRAV. When the INI Parser loads up it will highlight config values that have a friendly name and show it to you for easy finding and access. The friendly name list is editable. The file "GRAVConfigList.txt" in the programs folder contains a list of all friendly names. Each line requires the "filename,section,key,friendly name" - in that format to show correctly in the parser. You can edit this file and add your own.
- You can sort and filter by all columns which allows you to quickly find a value.
Final note: though extensive testing has been performed on this feature, I would highly recommend backing up your config folder before altering anything. You really mess the game up if you are not careful. I accept no responsibility for any damage you do to the config files by using this tool - SO BACK UP FIRST!
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- You can now quickly add a friendly name to any config value that has not already got one. Simply enter the name in the textbox on the edit value screen and click the "+" button next it it.
- Added an import/export feature for the GRAV INI Parser screen. All values that have a friendly name will be exported.
- Several bug fixes and improvements to the ini parser. One very important fix where when a value was saved more than twice, it eventually removed it from the config file (see, told you backups were a good idea ;-)). Anyway, it should be a lot more stable now.
- Added a checkbox to autosize columns or not.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Added a toggle for querying the server in settings.
- Added an option to monitor a program other than the one specified as your "Server Executable" - useful if you run a batch file / script or something similar as your server executable but still want to check for the existence of a program. Not really for GRAV, but useful for other games.
- When the server is being queried it will no longer add "..." to the server name.
- UI and speed improvements for the GRAV INI Parser screen that should make adding friendly names easier. Minor bugfixes related to a re-parsing with friendly names and the list item being changed whilst the edit screen is open.
- Removed the old "Advanced Settings" screen in favour of the new "INI Parser". Why? Several reasons: 1. The old Advanced Settings screen was not very reliable and I found it did not always load and save values correctly due to the nature of the config files containing duplicate entries. 2. The new INI Parser contains everything that the old screen had - and so much more.
- The INI Parser screen has a new option - to filter for all values that have a friendly name ("Show known values only"). This is on by default. To see all INI file settings you must now untick this option at the top of the screen.
- Added World Events to the friendly name list for the INI Parser.
- The main form window displays the currently loaded profile in the caption.