My findings so far:
1. Your starter constructor cannot build the advanced/big stuff. You need a large constructor to do so - which means building a base.
2. The Large Constructor automates things for you - it makes the materials it requires for projects automatically if it has the stuff it needs in its inventory. The initial one does not do this, so is quite fiddly and time-consuming.
3. Press "Y" while standing on your base to power it.
4. Press "P" while standing on your base to access controls, features and functions for it like turret hostility and all manner of other stuff.
5. Don't lose your starter constructor - you cannot make another one.
6. Magnesium ore is very useful early on - to create ammo (which you will need).
7. Craft the Assault Rifle ASAP - it also has a built in flashlight.
8. Drones are dangerous in groups - find cover.
9. Not all animals/creatures are hostile - you do not need to kill them all. Conserve ammo.
10. The small constructor can roast meat.
11. "Tab" is inventory, "F1" is tutorial, "F" to use stuff. "U" takes on and off your helmet - which you will want to do to conserve O2.
12. Seaweed at the bottom of lakes is a great way to power the drill for mining early on.
13. The fridge preserves food.
14. Mining uses drill fuel - remember this so you don't get stuck in a hole with no "ammo" for it to dig out.
15. Jetpack is "J" and is really useful.
I will add more as I come across stuff/remember.
Last edited 26 May 2016 at 09:23.